No posts

Home Waste & Recycling Help Help for Haulers

Help for Haulers

This page provides essential information and resources for businesses that provide solid waste hauling services of any kind in Chittenden County.

Explore this page:

Hauler moving trash dumpster for collection.

State and Local Regulations Affecting Haulers

Visit the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation’s website page on the Universal Recycling Law (Act 148)

All of these items are banned from the landfill and must not be placed in the trash.

Items Banned From Landfills

Information about how the Banned Materials Fee is assessed, and more on the proper disposal or recycling for each banned item.

MRF Quality Control Policy

Learn more about the policies and procedures required for quality control at the CSWD Materials Recycling Facility.

Licensing & Reporting Forms

License Application Form

Anyone who collects, transfers, or transports solid waste, including Trash, Blue-Bin Recycling, and Organics that are generated or delivered within Chittenden County must have a current CSWD Hauler License.

Insurance Requirement

Haulers are required to provide a copy of a certificate of insurance indicating their company maintains liability insurance at or above the following levels: $100K per person and $300K per occurrence for personal injury or death, and $100K per occurrence for property damage.  CSWD must be named as an additional insured on the policy.

Unit-Based Pricing Form

Vermont law requires haulers to charge residents per unit of trash (weight, volume, or other) produced. The intent is to incentivize diversion of materials away from the landfill and into options that recover resources.

Haulers providing residential curbside pickup services for residents are required to file their pricing system on or before May 1st of each year. This is included in our licensing process.

Use the Unit Based Pricing Form to report changes to your pricing structure.

Credit Application-Commercial

To establish a charge account with CSWD. We bill monthly for feedstocks brought to the Organics Recycling Facility and for Blue-Bin Recycling brought to the CSWD Materials Recycling Facility. All haulers must be licensed to use these facilities.

Tire Hauler Reporting Form

To be completed by licensed tire haulers (login required)


CSWD produces stickers and decals for display on solid waste bins, dumpsters, and containers, as well as brochures to help haulers meet labeling and customer education requirements. 

Upcoming Events

Here’s what we’re up to in the next few weeks. Click the button below to see all Board of Commissioners meetings, CSWD workshops and tours, and holidays that may affect our hours.

Upcoming Events