No posts

What makes this Hazardous Waste?

Fireworks of any type or size must be treated as potentially dangerous. See management options below.

Learn More About Hazardous Waste

Fireworks: Banned From Landfill

It is illegal to dispose of this item in the trash in Chittenden County, Vermont.

How Can I get Rid of It?

Click on each tab in this section for limits, fees, and other critical information about this item.

What you need to know:

  • The CSWD facility listed here accepts small, personal-use fireworks by appointment only.
  • Casings and wrappers from exploded fireworks are trash.

Disposal Costs


Fees shown here are for Small Consumer Fireworks conditions for this item or material.

Amount Fees Notes

Payment Methods

Cash, check with name, current address and phone number, AmEx, Discover, MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards. A 3% convenience fee will be added to all credit card transactions.

Credit Cards not accepted at DOC in Burlington.

What you need to know:

  • Not accepted at any CSWD facility. Contact the VT State Police at 802-878-7111.

Keep Searching the A to Z List